- Employment Type: Part Time (14 hour week)
- Duration: Fixed Term Role - 1 Year
- Remuneration: $71,842 - $80,166 - pro rata (+ 17% superannuation and leave loading)
- Location: Kensington NSW (Hybrid Flexible Working)
UNSW isn’t like other places you’ve worked. Yes, we’re a large organisation with a diverse and talented community; a community doing extraordinary things. Together, we are driven to be thoughtful, practical, and purposeful in all we do. Taking this combined approach is what makes our work matter. It’s the reason we’re one of the top 20 universities in the world and a member of Australia’s prestigious Group of Eight. If you want a career where you can thrive, be challenged and do meaningful work, you’re in the right place.
Why Your Role Matters:
The Deputy Dean plays a key role within the Pro Vice-Chancellor Education & Student Experience, Wellbeing Pillar, Accommodation UNSW Colleges, in working closely with the Dean in the day-to-day coordination of the College, building and supporting community across the student resident cohort.
This includes operating as a leading example to Resident Fellow staff and student residents, attending student resident meetings, assisting with the selection of applicants for admission to the College and the allocation of rooms to residents, participating in programs of orientation and training and assisting in the maintenance and duty of care responsibilities, contributing to the pastoral care and support of students, assist in the overnight on-call Duty Roster and ensure conduct and discipline guidelines are adhered to.
Who You Are:
• A tertiary qualification or combination of experience with relevant understanding of academic and pastoral care programs in a student residential setting or equivalent.
• Be engaged in study, academic employment and/or professional work associated with UNSW, and maintain successful commitment to these activities in addition to their functions within the Colleges.
• Demonstrated understanding and experience with tertiary students and an understanding of practical approaches to residential life and the goals of residential living with a focus on safety, good order and student personal development.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective relationships at all levels.
• Capacity to live on campus and be available at flexible times of day.
• First aid certification, Fire Warden, Mental Health Awareness and other training or willingness to obtain and maintain throughout the period of employment at UNSW Colleges.
• An understanding of and commitment to UNSW’s aims, objectives and values in action, together with relevant policies and guidelines.
• Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training
Pre-employment checks required:
• Criminal Record Check
• Working with Children Check
How to Apply:
Please submit your CV and a Cover Letter addressing the Selection Criteria (Who you are above)
Applications close: Feb 25 - Before 11:55pm
Get in Touch:
Talent Acquisition Coordinator
UNSW is committed to equity diversity and inclusion. Applications from women, people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, those living with disabilities, members of the LGBTIQ+ community; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged. UNSW provides workplace adjustments for people with disability, and access to flexible work options for eligible staff. The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.