Manager, User Experience & Digital Presence
Job no: 511234
Work type: full time
Location: Sydney, NSW
- Employment Type: Full time (35 hours)
- Duration: 2 year fixed term
- Remuneration: $112K - $126K +17% Superannuation
- Location: Kensington, NSW (Hybrid Flexible Working available) This position is not available as remote work only
UNSW isn’t like other places you’ve worked. Yes, we’re a large organisation with a diverse and talented community; a community doing extraordinary things. Together, we are driven to be thoughtful, practical, and purposeful in all we do. Taking this combined approach is what makes our work matter. It’s the reason we’re one of the top 50 universities in the world and a member of Australia’s prestigious Group of Eight. If you want a career where you can thrive, be challenged and do meaningful work, you’re in the right place.
Why Your Role Matters:
As the Manager, User Experience & Digital Presence you will play a key position within the Library and is responsible for providing leadership, operational management, and strategic direction for the Library’s digital services, embedding user-centred / human-centred design approaches and practices across all digital projects, and managing the team that is responsible for the Library’s digital presence.
You will have primary responsibility for the design of digital experiences and management of the Library’s digital presence and will work closely with colleagues in the Digital Library Initiatives team and across the Library to operationalise insights and designs.
On a day-to-day basis you will support projects around the development of digital services innovations utilising UX/CX methodologies that are focused on improving the user experience by extending and enhancing Library services and resources.
Who You Are:
- A Library Information Sciences degree or relevant tertiary qualification and relevant experience in IT, Design, or Communications or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through any combination of education, training, and experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage staff and improve team performance through support and providing staff development opportunities
- Solid experience in the application of Human Centre Design, user experience and co-design research methods, practices (e.g., usability testing, interviews, surveys etc), and project planning
- Strong understanding of client-centric design and UX/CX principles and methodologies with experience in prototyping and testing, developing user journey maps, personas, empathy maps, etc.
- Broad experience or understanding of the education sector and galleries/libraries/museums would be desirable
- Experience in UI development tools such as Sketch and Figma, as well as, Adobe Creative Suite, Axure or equivalent tools
- Knowledge of project management methodologies and extensive experience with creating and implementing design solutions for a variety of projects across channels and platforms
- Demonstrated outstanding written and verbal communication skills and the ability to negotiate and influence people at all levels in a multi-stakeholder environment
Benefits and Culture:
People are at the core of everything we do. We recognise it is the contributions of our staff who make UNSW one of the best universities in Australia and the world.
Our benefits include:
- Flexible Working Options (work from home, flexible hours etc)
- Career development opportunities
- 17% Superannuation contributions and additional leave loading payments
- Discounts and entitlements (retail, education, fitness)
How to Apply:
Make each day matter with a meaningful career at UNSW. Submit your application online before the Sunday 4th December at 11:55pm with a cover letter and addressing the selection criteria in the application. A copy of the Position Description can be on JOBS@UNSW.
Get in Touch:
Associate Director, Research & Infrastructure
Please apply through the application portal and not via the contact above.
UNSW is committed to evolving a culture that embraces equity and supports a diverse and inclusive community where everyone can participate fairly, in a safe and respectful environment. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and encourage applications from people of diverse gender, sexual orientation, cultural and linguistic backgrounds, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability and those with caring and family responsibilities. UNSW provides workplace adjustments for people with disability, and access to flexible work options for eligible staff.
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend